Tuesday 3 August 2021

Talk to the Hand ~My 1 star review


Oh, my bookish friends, Talk to the Hand by Lynne Truss let me down so terribly. After the hardest two years because of the pandemic and ever changing rules, I really wanted a laugh and expected some dry humour and funny anecdotes. Boy, was I wrong.

Instead, a bleak description on how bad the world and humans are litters the pages. The moral of this story is quite literally "Everything is awful, especially these youngsters!"

Every sentence seemed to hold heavy sighs and the chaotic jumble of statistics and information felt shoved in.

The icing on the cake was this little crappy gem thrown in: "This is an age of social autistic, in which people  just can't see the value of imagining their impact on others." Yes, friends, we have autism being used as an insult YET AGAIN by a non autistic white woman who links it to the connotation of having no empathy. Honestly by this point, at page 36, I was tired and bored and fed up with this author who wants to winge about things and insult minority communities. 

Lynne, if you want to complain and stay inside because you think the world is this bad, then do so. But you don't need to write a whole book about it.

Rating: ⭐ (and that's just me being kind)
Humour content: none
Would I recommend? Absolutely not.

No comments: