Monday 9 August 2021

#BookLoversDay -my favourite reads of all time

 1. I capture the Castle by Dodie Smith: a story of complicated romance and a family trying to hold themselves together. ICTC gives us the truth that fairy tales and castles don't always mean happiness and the characters are so well rounded whilst being deliciously unique.

2. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe: Lucy finding Narnia was the most magical concept of my childhood and I utterly adore the world that was created. Nothing will ever beat Aslan returning and the coronation at Cair Paravel.

3. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien: yes, I love Lord of The Rings, but the Hobbit has a special place in my heart with how much courage and imagination is held in that small book. It whisks me away on an unexpected journey every time and I can almost believe that when the story is over, I will be led away to The Shire for a cup of tea to recharge.

4. Strawberry Fields by Katie Flynn: My great gran gave me a copy of this and the it is the first novel I read about looking out for those less fortunate and how small acts of kindness can change lives. I must have read that book well over a dozen times by now and yet I still have so much love for it.

5. Pride and Prejudice: this book was the door to my deep love of classical literature and I often like to think up conversations I would like to have with Elizabeth, or the books I'd like to sit and read with Mary. Elizabeth and Darcy's romance is a delightful slow burn that cannot compare to any other to this day.


Happy Book Lovers Day to all book lovers out there! I hope you are reading something truly special today.

No comments: